Prince Philip Leaves Hospital After Four Weeks Of Treatment
Queen Elizabeth II’s husband Prince Philip left central London on Tuesday after four weeks of treatment.
The 99-year-old Duke of Edinburgh was seen leaving King Edward VII’s Hospital in a BMW car.
Confirming the discharge from the hospital Buckingham Palace said Prince Philip had returned to Windsor Castle in the west of London.
Royal aides said he had been treated for an unspecified infection and had “a successful procedure for a pre-existing condition”.
“His Royal Highness wishes to thank all the medical staff who looked after him at both King Edward VII’s Hospital and St Bartholomew’s Hospital, and everyone who has sent their good wishes,” a statement from the palace read.
Concerns for Philip’s health had been high because of his age — he turns 100 in June — and came amid the build-up to an explosive interview given by Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle, in which she accused the royal family of racism.